Spring has sprung and while I noticed on the news the other morning some parts of the country are experiencing record low temps, Spring is very much in full swing over here.
I missed celebrating the first day of Spring and Easter almost slipped past me too – I could have sworn it was April 22, but nope. If you’re in need of a reminder too, Easter is April 12 this year 😉
I adore Spring and all the freshness it brings with it. As Henry gets older, I’m looking for ways to celebrate seasons and make holidays extra special. Simple touches can go a long way!
Here are a few simple things you can do to make this time of year feel extra festive!
- Decorate kids rooms (and the house if you’re feeling extra festive) with Spring garlands and decor. I pick up inexpensive garlands through out the year at places like Home Goods and Target to jazz up Henry’s room. Window clings are a big hit too and you can typically find these at the Dollar Store and in the Target dollar spot.
- Send greeting cards to friends and family. With everything going on in the world right now I know there are a lot of little bunnies out there that will be excited to receive some good old fashion snail mail. Simply print the FREE greeting cards below and send some happy mail! Need envelopes? Try these!
- Serve Easter and Spring themed snacks. Have your kids help you make a bunny trail mix or decorate yogurt dipped frozen bananas with colorful sprinkles. Water infused with seasonal fruit and/or herbs is a great side kick for snacks.
- Create a family playlist on Spotify (or listen to my Spring Breeze playlist here). Get a blue tooth speaker and crank up tunes while you play in the sprinklers, plant a garden, or have a family dance off in the backyard. It’s amazing how listening to a song can transport you back to a happy memory.
- Have an arts & craft day! Anything sweet and handmade by your kiddos makes a great Spring decor item to display around the house. Print my new Spring Has Sprung coloring sheet below and spend sometime together creating together.
I’d love to know if you have any simple ideas on making Spring time extra special!