A lot of people enjoy the thought of keeping a journal, but forming that habit of writing in it regularly can be a hard hurdle to jump. I get it, I’ve totally been there and truthfully I still struggle to write in my journal on a consistent basis. There have been many times that I’ve considered doing away with this journal prompt series, but then I look at my stats and they are time and time again some of the top posts. Y’all are amazing at journaling! So let’s keep going shall we =)
Just in case you need a little encouragement to start writing (or drawing, or list making, or however you see fit to keep a journal) here are some tips on how to make journaling a habit. Because remember, if you’d like to reap the benefits of journaling then you have to engage with it more than once every six months.
How to make journaling a habit
- Start small, aim to write in your journal 15-20 minutes 2-3 times a week. Gradually increase the number of days you write.
- Pick a specific time during the day to write. Make it a time that you won’t be interrupted.
- Add it to your daily to-do list and/or set a reminder on your phone. By scheduling in time to journal increases your chance of actually doing it.
Now on to this month’s prompts…
If you enjoy these prompts, please take a moment to pin them to Pinterest!
Want more journal prompts?
- You can find past months’ prompts under the ‘Journal Prompts’ category in the menu bar.
- Pin all of the past month’s prompts for quick reference when writers block sets in.
- All monthly prompts are on the Eight Pepperberries ‘Writing’ Pinterest board.
- Get on the Eight Pepperberries list to be notified when the next prompts are released. You can sign up here.