Hi friends! 2016 is coming to a quick end, I’m so looking forward to the new year and all it has to offer. This past year [well technically a few months ago] I took my first steps in to the blogging world. Man has it been a journey so far! But one of the best things I’ve encountered with blogging is meeting other new bloggers who are starting out on their journey too. While we all may be working towards individual goals, we stand together supporting each other. And that’s amazing y’all! I’m so happy to have connected with other like-minded bloggers who encourage and give advice. Today I would like to honor 10 up and coming bloggers by passing along the liebster award that was bestowed upon me by Savanna from Me + My Little, while also sharing a little about myself.
What is a Liebster Award?
Ok, so some of you may have a deer in head lights look going on right now asking yourself “what the hell is she talking about?” No worries – I’m new to all this too!
A liebster award is given blogger-to-blogger to recognize up and coming bloggers. It is our chance to highlight those we think you may enjoy getting to know as well; take some time and check them out.
Liebster Award Rules
Rules vary slightly depending on where you look, but these are the general guidelines I found. If you are nominated and accept this award please make sure to the follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
- Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
- Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
- Nominate 10 newbie bloggers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
A Little About Me
Thank you Savanna [Me + My Little] for taking the time to recognize me for this award! Here’s what she asked of me:
1. Tell us what lead you to the blogging world. My journey has been a fun one and the path that has led me to blogging is actually very simple. During my time as a nanny for an amazingly talented photographer I got to observe her creative process and her interactions with other creatives. Their bond and support for each other was inspiring and they radiated love for their craft. She was always creating [big & small projects] and she taught me that you could have both a career and be a mother. I’ve always loved making things with my hands and using my imagination to bring creative ideas to life. When I moved away and had to start a new job I knew I wanted to be apart of something bigger and being a blogger has allowed me to channel my passions. It took me a few months to take the plunge [change can be scary!] but I’m so happy I did.
2. Five years down the road, what is your ideal future looking like? Ahhhh! This question always brings me anxiety…some days I don’t even know what I’m cooking for dinner let alone my life in
5 years! I know, pull myself together right? Ha! If I were to look in to a crystal ball and see my 5 year future this is what I hope to see: happiness // love // my own at home office with fun paper goods strewn everywhere // a doggie brother for my fur baby Alba // my girlfriends gathered together in my backyard sipping some vino.
Office Inspiration // Crystalin Marie
3. Where do you find inspiration for your writing/blog? Oh wow, where to start – I draw inspiration from so many different places. I’ve always been inspired my music lyrics and movie quotes; they can strike so much emotion in to a situation. Whenever I’m in a writing or creative slump I put on some music, dance around like a goof and let the energy flow. For some reason I also do my best thinking in the shower. As for people who inspire me I have to give a big shout out to Emily from Jones Design Company who actually was the cherry on top when I decided to head full force in to blogging. Her content is fun + engaging and she is interacts with her readers like a friend. She’s definitely a leader I look up to.
4. How did you choose the name of your blog? Eight Pepperberries is named after my lucky number 8 and I happen to have 8 main categories I cover on the blog [intentional not coincidental]. But the fun part is Pepperberries – it stems from my nickname ‘Pepper’. Once upon a time I wanted to be a rodeo girl and begged my mom to call me ‘Pepper’. I once told this story to my best friend and the name stuck ever since…it even made an appearance on a few signs and hashtags at my wedding.
5. If you could hang out with one person for a day, dead or alive, who would it be? Why? I’d love to one day meet my childhood crush, Harrison Ford, but I know I’d probably stumble over myself
and end up saying something ridiculous. So I’ll go with Princess Diana. Ah! I just love her. Her grace and giving heart was something I deeply admired when I was a young girl…I cried the day she died, I was 10.
6. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing (don’t you even dare say money), what would it be? Puppies and pigs? I always feel like Agnes from Despicable Me and completely go bonkers when I see an adorable dog or a cute picture of a pig.
image via Rotten Tomatoes
7. What social media platform are you most active on? Leave a link if you would like so we can find you! I just joined twitter, crazy I know. Don’t know why it took me this long to get with the program…Snapchat will have to wait though, I’m not ready to take that leap yet, ha. Instagram has always been my favorite social media platform and you can connect with so many people from around the world. A year ago I took a class called ‘Self & Art’ through the Define School and it was amazing! I periodically check #selfandart to see what the new groups have created. Instagram is an endless source of inspiration; it’s my go to. Let’s connect on Instagram [@eightpepperberries] and on Twitter [@8pepperberries]!
8. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Hands down I could eat Mexican food day in and day out. I’m a total chips and salsa junkie and cheese enchiladas, yum! I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
9. Describe your dream vacation. Typically when I go places I try to cram in as much stuff as I can during my visit…have to see this, go here, and eat there. While these trips are fun, sometimes they can be more exhausting than relaxing. So I’d love to take a vacation where I just slow down and truly recharge. Perhaps stay in a tree house in the woods or immerse my self in a tiny town [I’m dreaming of Ireland, France or England] and live like the locals for a bit. Oh! I also think it would be a fun adventure to stay and work on a vineyard or farm. I’d love to hear any suggestions you have! Leave me some in the comments below =)
10. Give us one piece of advice that you wish the younger you would have been told. It’s ok to put yourself first sometimes. Your happiness is just as important as anyone else’s.
Now It’s Your Turn
If you graciously accept your nomination for a Liebster Award please do us the honor of answering the following questions so we can get to know you better!
- Why do you blog?
- Is there an achievement in your creative life you are most proud of?
- What skills are you currently learning to master, or are on your to-do list?
- What are 3 blogging goals for 2016?
- Where is the most inspiring place you’ve been?
- What blog post is your personal favorite? Why?
- Do you have a workflow routine? How do you keep your day organized and flowing smoothly?
- What has been your biggest obstacle pertaining to blogging? How have you [or plan to] overcome it?
- What 5 things can you not live without?
- If you won the lottery how would you spend your winnings?
Drum Roll Please….
image via Rotten Tomatoes
Some of these bloggers I’ve been following and some I’ve recently found when on the hunt for bloggers to nominate. That’s the best part about the Liebster Award, finding new blogs to follow! So without further adieu I would like to nominate:
I’m looking forward to learning something new about you!