For centuries people have kept journals. Its an amazing place to confess struggles, express fears, and explore thoughts or emotions in a judgement free zone. Getting your emotions out of your head can help you gain clarity of current and past life situations. Those struggling with stress, depression, or anxiety can regain control of their emotions through the simple act of keeping a journal. Feeling in control of your well-being and life is huge when it comes to mental health. I highly encourage you to make journaling a priority in your life.
And remember, journaling can take on many forms – it doesn’t have to be just putting pen to paper writing down your daily thoughts. There isn’t any one size fits all method when it comes to keeping a journal. Here are a few ways you can switch it up:
- Use the bullet method
- Paint or draw
- Take photographs
- Skip the pen & paper all together and go digital by recording yourself
Explore different mediums and see what speaks to you.
Now on to this month’s prompts…
If you enjoy these prompts, please take a moment to pin them to Pinterest for other writers!
Remember that journaling can go beyond the days events, it can be a story of all the tiny pieces that make you, you. That’s where journal prompts come to serve as inspiration! They allow you to explore topics that you may not have thought of on your own.
Want more journal prompts?
- You can find past months’ prompts under the ‘Journal Prompts’ category in the menu bar.
- Take a screen shot of the monthly prompts by following along on Instagram – past month’s prompts are in the highlights!
- Pin all of the past month’s prompts for quick reference when writers block sets in.
- All monthly prompts are on the Eight Pepperberries ‘Writing’ Pinterest board.
- Get on the Eight Pepperberries list to be notified when the next prompts are released. You can sign up here.