Last month we talked briefly about the amazing benefits of journaling and how it can positively impact your health and well-being. It is a place to write about who you are and what is important to you. Most importantly, when you put these thoughts to paper you create a deeper understanding of yourself.
When I first thought of keeping a journal, I had a poetic vision of what the experience should look like. Cozied up with a cup of morning coffee, writing neatly in a beautifully bond journal. I now look back and laugh at this little daydream of mine.
You see, journaling can take on many forms – it doesn’t have to be just putting pen to paper writing down your daily thoughts. There isn’t any one size fits all method when it comes to keeping a journal. Here are a few ways you can switch it up:
- Use the bullet method
- Paint or draw
- Take photographs
- Skip the pen & paper all together and go digital by recording yourself
Explore different mediums and see what speaks to you.
Now on to this month’s prompts…
If you enjoy these prompts, please take a moment to pin them to Pinterest for other writers!
Remember that journaling can go beyond the days events, it can be a story of all the tiny pieces that make you, you. That’s where journal prompts come to serve as inspiration! They allow you to explore topics that you may not have thought of on your own.
Want more journal prompts?
- You can find past months’ prompts under the ‘Journal Prompts’ category in the menu bar.
- Take a screen shot of the monthly prompts by following along on Instagram – past month’s prompts are in the highlights!
- Pin all of the past month’s prompts for quick reference when writers block sets in.
- All monthly prompts are on the Eight Pepperberries ‘Writing’ Pinterest board.
- Get on the Eight Pepperberries list to be notified when the next prompts are released. You can sign up here.