Well hello there friends! Can you just hear Adele belting out that blog title? I can, but maybe its because I’ve become slightly obsessed with her new album [#sorrynotsorry]. In all seriousness though, 2015 was a great year and 2016 is already off to a great start!
The hubs and I ventured up to St. Augustine for a family friend’s oyster roast – where I finally got to see my bestie and toast to her recent engagement! We had a fun night ringing in the new year with good friends and welcoming all 2016 has to offer with a home cooked good luck dinner with family on New Years day. My mom spent the day preparing good luck dishes from different cultures [who knew 12 grapes served on a stick was good luck!] – so we all fully expect an exceptional year.
While creating the 2016 Resolutions Print + Goal Worksheets I started to think back over 2015 and all the “best ofs” that came along with it! First off, I’d like to thank the Eight Pepperberries tribe who take time to read my blog posts, connect on Instagram, and come along with me on this exciting blogging adventure. You are the reason I do this – thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Please join me while I take a walk down memory lane.
Top 3 Highlights from 2015
- Hands down saying “I do” to my best friend and starting our life together as a married couple. Without his love, support, and guidance I probably never would have had the courage to take the bold step in to blogging.
- Going on my first European vacation to Paris and Brussels. Seeing the Eiffel Tower in person was a dream come true! The city of Paris itself is amazing and I loved spotting fun unique doors and eating some of the yummiest foods [snails aren’t that bad y’all!].
- Starting Eight Pepperberries. I had been debating over the idea for a while and after taking a part-time job I finally had time to dedicate to setting up all the pain in the butt behind the scenes stuff. The Blog Class from Jones Design Company was so helpful, I highly recommend it to anyone feeling a little lost on where to start regarding setting up a blog. I’m still tweaking and adding more to the blog, but its a great foundation and I’m looking forward to offering more printables in the upcoming year.
image by Finding Light Photography
Top 5 Blog Posts
I’ve been posting since August 2015 and it’s been fun [and if I’m being honest, stressful] finding my own voice in a deep-sea of blogs out there. It took me a few months to actually refer to myself as a “blogger” and start to represent myself as such and feel comfortable promoting Eight Pepperberries. All the hard work has been worth it and here’s what y’all liked the most:
- Free Thanksgiving Printable – This was my first printable art print I’ve ever created and I was so honored that it was featured on Thought’s From Alice’s Sunday’s at Home. Although it’s labeled as a Thanksgiving printable, the saying is appropriate year round. You can download the print here.
- Halloween Costume Inspiration: Sun & Moon – This was a 4 part series documenting everything from the inspiration behind the costumes to how to make the headpieces to hair and makeup tutorials. I had collaborated with four other talented ladies to put a unique spin on a costume idea you can create on a budget and even with items you already own. Start reading the series here and make your way through all four parts.
- Cardamom Pumpkin Pie, A Failed Success Story – It seems like you all liked a story you can relate to and find the silver lining in things. Although my pie didn’t turn out ideal, the process to make it resulted in a funny story to tell.
- The Key To Happiness – I loved writing up this post for y’all and I hope that it has inspired you to create your own personal happiness manifesto to follow.
- 9 Must Have Fall Booties + Styling Tips – We all just want to put our best foot forward and look good while doing it, no shame in that! I had some serious bootie envy after putting this post together and I follow the styling tips almost daily.
2015 Instagram Highlights
Instagram has been my favorite social media outlet this last year. It has allowed me to virtually meet other creatives from around the world and connect with you. I fully intend on practicing the art of iphone photography and creating engaging instagram posts this upcoming year. Make sure to follow along [@eightpepperberries] to see behind scenes, get updates, exclusive recipes, and daily tips to live a beautiful life.
What to expect in 2016
- Fun art prints to decorate your home.
- Useful everyday printables.
- Monthly journal prompts.
- More simple recipes, tutorials, and diy projects.
- Encouragement focusing on personal growth and becoming the best version of yourself.
Thank you friends for a wonderful 2015! This upcoming year will be a fun one and I hope to inspire you to lead the creative, beautiful life you envision.
Cheers to 2016!
I’d love to get to know you better – feel free to introduce yourself in the comments below! This blog is for you! Please let me if there’s anything specific you’d like to see on the blog this year =)
Don’t Miss Out This Year!
Join the Eight Pepperberries community and receive post updates and printables before anyone else!